Monday, June 18, 2012

Mamata launches Facebook page, explains support for APJ Abdul Kalam






Trinamool Congress Chief and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has now taken her fight for APJ Abdul Kalam to be the President of India online. Mamata launched her official Facebook page on Friday night and she used her first post on the social networking site to explain why she was still rooting for Kalam.

Mamata wrote in her first post, "We in the Trinamool Congress support Dr Kalam as the Presidential candidate. I have already given a clarion call to other parties to support Dr Kalam as President."

"Along with my other fellow citizens I can only urge them to consider this call. Let our country be led forward by people such as him, people of free thought and honourable action who will not hesitate to do what is just and right," Mamata wrote.

Refusing to budge from her stand, she said, "My party is a small party. We are not a big party with none of the resources others possess. We are led by truth and conviction. All through my life I have stood by my principles. I stand by the position I have taken".

Stating that the will of the people is supreme in a democracy, Banerjee requested fellow citizens to petition their public representatives to stand up, support and vote for Kalam.

"Let your voice be heard. I will bow to the will of the people," she said.

Describing the 'missile man' as a proud and distinguished son of India who continues to inspire all Indians, the chief minister said Kalam remains above narrow politics. "He is a seeker of truth, a fount of knowledge and an impartial voice of reason and sanity, who is above narrow politics. He is the kind of man all our citizens aspire to make President," Banerjee said.

0 comments:

Post a Comment